1 8"x8" pieces of solid quilters cotton
1 8"x8" printed quilters cotton or choice
Two 1 1/2" wide x 5" Long pieces of matching printed quilters cotton
Two 1 1/2" X 7" Matching printed quilters cotton
1 8"x8" piece of hotpad batting
Medium weigh cutaway stabilizer
1. Prepare solid cotton and print 4x4 rooster design. Trim square to 5"x5" when
completed do not remove stabilizer from the back of the embroidery.
2. Align the two 1 1/2" x 5" pieces with the right sides facing. Pin in place and sew a
1/4 in seam along the pinned edges.
3. Lay the fabric flat and press the seams.
4. Align the two 1 1/2" Wide x 7"
Pieces face down on the sides and sew a 1/4" seam
then press. Trim if needed
5. Lay the assembled top on top of the hotpad batting (shiny side up) and the 8x8
printed cottom face down on top of embroidered piece. Trim and leave about a 1/2
inch longer on the bottom.
6. Pin in place and sew a 1/4" seam along the top and sides edges only. Leave the
bottom edge open for turning. Turn the pad right side out and press the seams.Turn
bottom under and pin.
7. Sew 1/8" seam along the opening to close and all around the pad. Top stitch around
the inside of trim to match material and you are done.